Start date: as soon as possible
Employment and hours: casual, 8-hour shift, 2-5 days per week
About Just Add Vegan
Just Add Vegan is Australia’s first health-focused, 100% plant-based meal-kit service, launched in October 2021 and delivering to NSW and the ACT.
We are strengthening our team and are looking for people with drive and a great work ethic who are happy to get their hands dirty, enjoy multitasking and want a job with a positive impact and potential for growth.
Join an exciting food start-up
Just Add Vegan was born out of the dream to make delicious, healthy and easy-to-prepare plant-based food accessible to as many people as possible – vegans, meat eaters and everyone in between. Our mission is to inspire and make it easy for people to eat plant-based. Our purpose is to create a happier, healthier and fairer world.
Our meal-kit service is subscription-based, with a weekly changing menu of chef-crafted, nutritionist designed recipes. In addition to meal-kits, we also offer a range of carefully selected other products, including ready meals, vegan cheeses and meat alternatives, sweet treats and pantry items.
You will be assisting with assembling the meal kits.
- Mixing sauces and spice mixes.
- Apportioning ingredients into packaging.
- Weighing and bagging fresh produce.
- Packing and labelling meal kits.
- Packing customers’ meal-kit boxes.
- Dishwashing and general cleaning duties.
- Are passionate about creating a happier, healthier and fairer world.
- Have a can-do attitude, like to work hard and get things done no matter what.
- Are accurate and have excellent attention to detail.
- Can deal with repetitive tasks because there definitely will be some of that.
- Are highly flexible and capable of working under pressure.
- Have good communication, planning and organisational skills.
- Are a fast learner and want to continuously improve yourself and how things are done. We want a thinker as well as a do-er.
Your experience and skills
Experience in food handling is a plus. Skills that would be an advantage to grow in your job role include:
- Cooking, preferably in a professional setting
- Microsoft Excel
- Good numerical ability
- Fluent written and spoken English
What’s in it for you
- Working in a highly dynamic, values-driven environment.
- On-the-job training in a diverse range of capabilities.
How to apply
If you are interested, please send an email to email@example.com and tell us why you want to join us. Please attach a CV.